Frequently Asked Questions
There are a number of degree, diploma and certificate courses available in drawing. Some of the most popular ones are:
- BA (Drawing and Painting)/MA (Drawing and Painting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts/Master of Fine Arts
- BFA in Painting/MFA in Painting
- BFA in Applied Arts/MFA in Applied Arts
- Diploma in Drawing and Painting
- Certificate course in Painting, etc.
You can choose from amongst these based on your learning need and interest.
- The best way to improve your drawing skills is to make ‘drawing’ a habit.
- Practice drawing the same object/scenery etc several times.
- Try to observe the meticulously detailed drawing to learn.
- You can begin with, drawing shapes and then move to life drawing-nature, animals, humans etc.
- Join drawing classes.
If you are absolutely new to drawing it may take you more than a year to learn how to draw. However, if you are aware of the basics, you can pick up as early as in 2-6 months’ time.
If you possess an interest in drawing, there are a number of career options for you to choose from. Some of them are:
- Interior Designer
- Ceramics Designer
- Creative Copywriter
- Fashion Designer
- Fine Artist
- Drawing teacher, etc.
There are various institutes in India that train students in drawing. Anyone interested can search for the list of the best institutes and learn more about them on ProTutors.
The fee structure of drawing courses differs based on the institute, course type, structure and duration the course. Anyone inquiring about the course fees in India can find an estimate using the ProTutors tuition fee calculator.